14 Jan The 10 Best BBQ in Lexington, Kentucky
Kentucky may be known for their fried chicken, but the BBQ they offer is just as good, if not better.
If you’re in Kentucky looking to try BBQ, here is our list of the top 10 best BBQ in Lexington.
Best BBQ in Lexington
Blue Door Smokehouse
Blue Door Smokehouse was started in 2013 by two natives to get the best flavors out of BBQ. Although the place is small, the two natives have succeeded in achieving their goals and making a name for themselves in the region.
Everything is cooked slowly, on low heat to get the best flavors out of the meat. Plates come with the option of different meats paired with white bread, pickle, onion, and two sides. In addition, they offer creamy coleslaw, tangy vinegar slaw, BBQ Grippo’s chips, and more.
- 226 Walton Ave, Lexington, KY 40502-1453
- Monday – Thursday, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Friday and Saturday, 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- +1 8592524227
Red State BBQ
Red State BBQ is an award-winning BBQ restaurant in Lexington city. Whether you want slabs of mouthwatering ribs or barbecue brisket, everything is served at Red State BBQ.
You can try their pulled pork sandwich with a spicy hot bowl of chili sauce. They also have dishes like buffalo wings and mac and cheese for kids. The Red State BBQ is definitely a great family-friendly restaurant to visit for a fantastic BBQ experience.
- 4020 Georgetown Rd, Lexington, KY 40511-9065
- Sunday – Thursday, 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Friday and Saturday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- +1 859 233 7898
City Barbecue and Catering
City Barbecue and Catering is an authentic BBQ place that serves Texas-style food. If you visit them anytime, just ask for their award-winning Beef Brisket. They cook it almost for 18 hours to make it the right kind of juicy and tender. Each eatery has 3 smokers running 24 hours, you can smell the BBQ from miles away.
The décor is a resemblance to a traditional Texas eatery, and the food surpasses expectations. As you enter the establishment, you’ll definitely forget about the outside world and let the southern hospitality, décor, and great food steal your attention.
- 3292 Richmond Rd, Lexington, KY 40509-1811
- Monday – Saturday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Sunday, 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- +1 8593174430
J. Renders Southern Table and Bar
Renders Southern Table and Bar is a huge place offering sufficient seating for large groups, friends, and family. It is a really good place to visit on weekends to hang out with your friends.
Their specialty is brisket smoked in hickory with red caramelized onions, horseradish Aoilo (made from scratch), Swiss cheese, along with one side &Aus. Jus dipping. And this is just for 13$! It’s definitely a must-try spot in Lexington.
- 3191 Beaumont Centre Circle, Lexington, KY 40513
- Sunday – Thursday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Friday and Saturday, 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM.
- +1 8595339777
Double H BBQ
Double H BBQ is a small yet well-known barbecue spot in Lexington. They have been in business for more than 7 years, so you know you’re going to be getting some delicious BBQ.
Their tender barbecue meats served with spicy hot sauce are enough to give zings. If you’re around, stop for some baby back ribs, you won’t regret it!
- 1244 Versailles Rd, Lexington, KY 40508-3118
- Monday and Tuesday, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Wednesday to Friday, 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Saturday, 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- +1 8595234227
Proud Mary BBQ
Located on the banks of the Kentucky River, Proud Mary BBQ opened in 2015, providing beautiful picturesque scenes with great BBQ. They have a very friendly staff that will make you comfortable and very talented chefs who will make you lick your fingers.
You can try their BBQ plates like chicken, pulled pork, brisket, and sausages. Take your family with you when trying Proud Mary BBQ, it’s worth the visit.
- 9079 Old Richmond Rd, Lexington, KY 40515
- Sunday, 12:00 AM – 10:00 PM. Wednesday and Thursday, 3:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Friday, 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM. Saturday, 12:00 PM – 11:00 PM.
- +1 8599135611
Dickey’s BBQ is an international name that has around 550 restaurants in the United States. Their slow-cooked beef represents their 80+ years of hard work in the BBQ industry.
The meat is never shy of being tender, and the amazing sauces just add a whole lot more to the BBQ experience. If you’re not the person to try new things, you’ll never go wrong with the traditional menu offered by Dickey’s
- 1315 Winchester Rd Suite 325, Lexington, KY 40505-4129
- Monday – Sunday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- +1 859 303 7445
County Club is a traditional American restaurant with various BBQ dishes that go perfectly with their siders and sauces. Try their “Hot Stuff” section from the menu, which has an amazing list of meat dishes, including porchetta sandwiches, smoked chicken wings, smoked brisket sandwiches, and more.
They even offer a wine, beer, and cocktail menu, making it the perfect spot to hang out with your friends over a few drinks, great company, and fantastic smoked meats!
- 555 Jefferson St, Lexington, KY 40508-1320
- Friday to Sunday 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM, Tuesday to Thursday 4:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
- +1 859-367-0263
Big Kahuna Hawaiian BBQ
Big Kahuna Hawaiian BBQ does everything big and over the top. Sticking true to the Hawaiian culture, the portions here are massive. Lunch plates are served with a healthy dose of sticky rice and macaroni salad.
The teriyaki chicken is sweet and sticky, and coconut shrimp is just as exotic as it sounds. But we’re here for BBQ, and this eatery does not disappoint. The BBQ burgers, sandwiches, and Loco Moco will have you coming down here often!
- 904 Liberty Rd, Lexington, KY 40505, United States
- Tuesday – Sunday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- +1 8592294129
KSBar & Grille
KSBar & Grille is one of the best bars and grille that you can visit in the region with your friends. They have a great list of BBQ dishes like pork, half chicken, ribs, and more. Everything is fresh and sizzling hot with spicy dip sauce. Submerge BBQ ribs completely in their special homemade sauce, and you’ll understand why it is easy to fall in love with KSBar & Grille.
- Address – 1030 S Broadway, Lexington, KY 40504
- Sunday – Thursday, 11:00 AM – 12:00 AM. Friday and Saturday, 11:00 AM – 2:00 AM.
- +1 859 554 6081