There’s no better time to eat a juicy bbq burger than right now!
The weather is perfect for grilling, so why not toss some burgers on the grill and have a burger night.
This bbq burger recipe uses a secret trick to keep the burgers moist and delicious, and it is served with a bbq mayo.
What’s The Secret To Juicy Hamburgers?
The secret trick to juicy burgers is so simple you won’t even believe it. It’s water!
Moisture evaporates as the burgers cook; adding water creates moisture, guaranteeing you a juicy burger.
Add three tablespoons of ice-cold water for every pound of ground beef.
How Long Do You Grill Burgers?
The cooking time of burgers depends on your preferred doneness.
If you are a fan of rare burgers, grill the burgers for 2 minutes per side until it achieves an internal temperature of 125°F.
If you want a medium-rare burger, cook it for 3 minutes on one side, flip it, and cook it another 2 minutes until it has a temperature of 135°F.
Medium burgers should be cooked for 4 minutes on one side and 3 minutes on the other side until it is 145°F.
If you are not a fan of pink meat, cook your burger for 4 minutes on one side, flip it and, cook for 5 minutes on the other side until it reaches 160 °F for a well-done burger.
BBQ mayo? You’ve got to be kidding me! BBQ mayo is definitely a thing, and once you taste it, you’ll never go back to plain old mayonnaise again.
Simply combine mayonnaise, bbq sauce, a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and some spices, and you will have a flavorful burger sauce.
Now you will have a new dipping sauce for your fries, onion, rings, wraps, and sandwiches.
Best of all, you can store it in the fridge, so you have it on hand whenever you need it.
BBQ Burger Recipe
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
For the burger
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 tbsp ice-cold water
- ¼ cup onion, grated
- 2 cloves, grated
- 1 tbsp bbq rub
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
For the BBQ mayo
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 burger buns
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- Program your grill to about medium heat and brush the grates until they are clean.
- Place the ground beef, water, barbeque rub, grated garlic, grated garlic, and basil into a large bowl and stir just until combined.
- Portion the burger meat into six evenly shaped patties and make an indent into each burger patty with your thumb.
- Place the burger onto the grill and cook for 4 minutes, turn the bbq burger over and cook it for an additional 2 minutes.
- Top the burgers withthe cheddar cheese and cook it for 2 minutes until the burger's internal temperature reaches 160ºF.
- Spread a 1/2 tablespoon of butter onto the inner piece of each hamburger bun.
- Grill your hamburger buns for 1-2 minutes until they are evenly toasted.
- To make the bbq mayo whisk the mayonnaise, bbq sauce, lemon juice, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Spread the bbq mayo onto the hamburger buns, add the bbq burger, top with your favorite toppings and place the top burger bun on top.
- Serve and enjoy!