BBQ baked beans remind me of summer!
This BBQ baked beans recipe is so easy you just have to combine simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen and throw it in the oven for an hour and 15 minutes.
This recipe is perfect for newbies to the kitchen as there’s no possible way you can mess it up!
What’s In This BBQ Beans Recipe?
The ingredients to make BBQ baked beans are fairly simple. All you need to create this culinary masterpiece is bacon, simple herbs such as green and red bell peppers, onion, and garlic.
This BBQ baked beans recipe uses three different kinds of beans in addition to a can of baked beans.
Pinto beans, great northern beans, and red kidney beans are mixed with sweet ketchup, maple syrup, hot sauce, dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and apple cider vinegar to form an award-winning BBQ baked beans!
Tips for Making the BBQ Baked Beans
Be kind with your bacon. The bacon provides unparalleled flavor to these BBQ baked beans, so there is no need to be cautious about bacon.
This recipe uses a pound of bacon, providing salty, smoky bites of flavor in every bite!
This sauce uses a makeshift barbeque sauce consisting of brown sugar, maple syrup, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard.
While you can eliminate all of these ingredients and use store-bought barbeque sauce, your baked beans may not be as flavorful.
If you do use a store-bought BBQ sauce, do not pick up the first can of BBQ sauce you see.
Search for a high-quality barbecue sauce to ensure you get the most flavor.
How to Make BBQ Baked Beans
This recipe is one of the easiest recipes you will find on the internet! Simply fry up your bacon in a saucepot and cook until it’s nice and crispy.
Remove the cooked bacon and sauté the options, bell peppers, and garlic.
Next, add the beans, ketchup, brown sugar, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and spices.
Pour the baked beans into a dish and bake them in the oven.
Homemade BBQ Beans Recipe
- Cast iron skillet
- Slotted spoon
- Baking dish
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 1 lb bacon diced
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 15 oz can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can Great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can baked beans
- 15 oz red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- ⅔ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Program your oven to 375F, then place the diced bacon into a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the bacon until it is crispy and golden brown, then remove it from the pan, place it on a paper towel lined-plate lined, and set it aside.
- Add the onions to the skillet and sauté for 6-7 minutes until they have softened and are just beginning to caramelize. Stir in the garlic and green peppers and cook for 1minute until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the pinto beans, great northern beans, baked beans, red kidney beans, ketchup, maple syrup, hot sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, black pepper, and cooked bacon.
- Stir to combine and transfer the bbq beans to a 9x13 baking pan, cover it with aluminum foil, and bake, covered with foil, for one hour. Remove the foil and bake the bbq beans for another 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!