12 Apr Korean BBQ Chicken Recipe
Barbeque chicken is already amazing, but Korean BBQ chicken is impressively delicious. In fact, we should all throw a BBQ Korean chicken party in honor of this tasty meal.
Whether you want to make Korean BBQ wings or chicken, this sauce will be delicious no matter which cut of chicken you choose.
What is Korean BBQ Chicken?
As the name implies, Korean BBQ chicken is a staple Korean dish Dak Bulgogi or Chicken Bulgogi. Dak translates to chicken, and Bulgogi translates to fire meat, and it means meat that has been thinly sliced and cooked on a grill or in a grill pan on the stovetop.
Additionally, you can also use bite-sized chicken breast or chicken thigh pieces and cook it as a stir-fry. However, what makes this Korean chicken BBQ is the sauce.
What’s In Korean BBQ Chicken?
This Korean chicken uses boneless chicken thighs. The thigh meat has a higher fat content that creates a tender and moist cut of chicken.
Low sodium garlic, ginger sesame oil, agave nectar, brown sugar, spices like cumin, paprika, and rice wine vinegar used to build the flavor profile of this Korean chicken.
How To Make Korean BBQ Chicken
The BBQ sauce features several staple Korean ingredients such as soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and brown sugar in addition to the hot sauce, agave nectar, olive oil, and rice wine vinegar.
Simply combine all of the ingredients, pour the sauce over the chicken thighs and bake it.
Korean BBQ Chicken Recipe
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Baking dish
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Program the oven to 375F, then whisk the soy sauce, agave nectar, brown sugar, olive oil, sesame oil, hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and ginger in a bowl.
- Remove the moisture from the chicken thighs with a paper towel, then place them into a bowl and season them with paprika, salt, pepper, and sesame seeds.
- Place the chicken thighs into a large baking pan, pour the sauce on top and flip the chicken to coat it in the Korean BBQ sauce. Bake for the Korean chicken for 20 minutes, then use a pastry brush to baste the chicken with the sauce.
- Return the Korean BBQ chicken to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F degrees.
- Place the Korean BBQ chicken thighs under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is lightly caramelized. Garnish the Korean bbq chicken with the chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!