11 Jun The 10 Best BBQ in Chicago, Illinois
Chicago is the home of jazz music, the legendary deep dish-style pizza, and magnificent architecture. However, there is one more thing that people love: Chicago’s delicious barbecue. From smoky steaks to succulent ribs, Chicago does not play when it comes to barbecue.
So, do you want to have charred and smoky meat? Well, lucky for you because we have compiled a list of the ten best barbecue places in Chicago that are guaranteed to send your tastebuds to food heaven.
Best BBQ in Chicago
Carson’s Ribs Prime Steaks & Famous Barbecue
If you are looking for an elegant interior with some brilliant barbecue, Carson’s Barbecue has your back. From char-crusted pork chops to juicy and tender meat slabs, they serve a traditional-style barbecue that will leave you craving for more. Furthermore, they also serve fancier steaks that are perfect for food critics and connoisseurs.
What makes them special, however, is the slow-smoked hickory wood meat. As a result, it gives the meat a deliciously unique flavor that will leave your mouth watering for more.
- 465 E Illinois St, Chicago, IL 60611, United States
- +1 3122809200
- 11:30 am- 10:00 pm, Sunday-Thursday. 11:30 am-11:00 pm, Friday-Saturday.
Want to make your barbecue experience memorable? Then head on to Bub City. This place has the perfect combo of juicy, tender meat and live music. You can enjoy the music, chat and mingle with your friends, and most importantly, devour a scrumptious meal.
Also, after gobbling the insanely tasty barbecue, you can get some excellent desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth. Now, isn’t that just the cherry on top?
- 435 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60654, United States
- +1 3126104200
- 11:00 am-10:00 pm, Sunday-Monday. 11:00 am-12:00 pm, Tuesday-Wednesday. 11:00 am-1:00 am, Thursday-Saturday.
Old Crow Smokehouse
Are you eating ribs that are not tender and juicy enough? Are you tired of bland and dry briskets? Well, do not worry because we have the perfect place for you. Old Crow Smokehouse is the epitome of a well-seasoned and juicy barbecue that will tantalize your taste buds.
This fine establishment has won several awards for the best barbecue. The best part, they even have country music to make your experience extra special. So, head on there as quickly as possible to experience Chicago’s best.
- 3506 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60657, United States
- +1 7735374452
- 4:00 pm-1:00 am Thursday-Friday. 10:00 am-1:00 am, Saturday-Sunday.Monday – Wednesdays are closed.
From flavourful buttermilk tenders to crispy loaded nachos, Ella’s BBQ is a mixture of traditional-style barbecue but with a tantalizing twist. Also, their unique and delicious barbecue goes amazingly well with their cozy wooden interior.
This spot is the best if you are hanging out with friends and family. Furthermore, quality time with your loved ones and scrumptious barbecue makes it the perfect and memorable combo for you and your tastebuds.
- 723 W Armitage Ave, Chicago, IL 60614, United States
- +1 3125263271
- 11:00 am – 8:00 pm, Monday – Thursday. 11:00 am – 9:00 pm Friday. 10:00 am – 9:00 pm, Saturday. 9:00 am-8:00 pm, Sunday.
Time machines do not exist, but the old west interior here will make you feel like they do. County BBQ is a top-tier restaurant that serves only the best barbecues. Moreover, their daily specials are what make them unique.
Smoked meat nachos, juicy rib tips, and maple-glazed bacon with loads of beer are what this place is all about.County BBQ knows very well that traditional-style barbecues can never go out of style, and that has been their secret to one of the best BBQs in Chicago.
- 1352 W Taylor St, Chicago, IL 60607, United States
- +1 3126248648
- 11:30 am-10:00 pm, Friday-Saturday. 11:30 am-9:00 pm, Tuesday-Thursday, and Sunday. Mondays are closed.
Green Street Smoked Meats
If you are looking for something to satisfy your carnivorous cravings, then look no further. Green Street Smoked Meats Barbecue will make sure to satisfy them. The main highlight of this spot is the beautiful old west wooden interior with communal-style benches. That way, it is the perfect place to meet new people and enjoy a delicious hearty meal.
Smoked Salmon to hotlinks blanketed with melting cheese, this spot offers a combo of flavors and variety. Also, it has a bar with countless drinks so you can enjoy it to the fullest.
- 112 N Green St, Chicago, IL 60607, United States
- +1 3127540431
- 12:00 pm-10:15 pm, Monday – Sunday.
Another barbecue place with the same old food, right? Wrong. Chicago Q is on the top ten list for a reason. Paired with a savannah-styled interior are homemade rubs and slow-smoked meat. As a result, the flavor of barbecue here is phenomenal.
So, if you are looking for a beautiful and peaceful environment along with excellent sandwiches, barbecues, sides, and drinks, this is the place to be.
- 1160 N Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60610, United States
- +1 3126421160
- 11:30 am-9:00 pm, Monday- Friday. 11:00 am-9:00 pm, Saturday- Sunday.
Smoke Daddy BBQ
Smoke Daddy BBQ is home to slow-roasted rotisserie chicken and in-house smoked meats. Their motto is very simple, straightforward, and classic. However, the main highlight is the combination of live music, grilled and charred meat, and a beautiful old west interior that makes this spot one of a kind.
Are you still considering it? Well, they have been rated by multiple magazines as the best barbecue in Chicago, which means whatever you get here, you won’t be disappointed.
- 1804 W Division St, Chicago, IL 60622, United States
- +1 7737726656
- 12:00 pm-10:00 pm, Monday-Friday. 10:00 am-10:00 pm, Saturday. 10:00 am-9:00 pm, Sunday.
What makes this spot interesting is their 100% natural ingredients barbecue. So, anything you eat here will not only be completely natural but will also taste divine. Moreover, they have a special fried chicken menu as well as a smoked stew. As a result, you can fulfillyour barbecue fantasy and eat to your heart’s content.
Lillie’s Q has a very simple interior; however, do not be fooled since they pack a flavor bomb waiting to explode in this small and simple establishment.
- 417 N Ashland Ave, Chicago, IL 60622, United States
- +1 7732951270
- 3:00 pm-9:00 pm, Tuesday – Thursday. 12:00 pm-10:00 pm, Friday – Saturday. 12:00 pm-9:00 pm, Sunday. Mondays are closed.
Milt’s Barbecue for the Perplexed
Does the name perplex you? Well, the food here is guaranteed to amaze you. Milt’s Barbecue for the Perplexed has food for the soul, mind, and body which will leave you craving for their delicious barbecue.
Their main specialty is the slow-smoked kosher meats that give a rich flavor and unique taste. All in all, it is a true delight, and if you are wondering why they have ‘perplexed’ in their title, well, then you will get the answer once you try it out!
- 3411 N Broadway, Chicago, IL 60657, United States
- +1 7736616384
- 4:30 pm-9:00 pm, Sunday-Thursday. 11:30 am-1:30 am, Friday. Mondays are closed.