According to several surveys, Buffalo has one of the best range of BBQ restaurants you can find, not just in the state of New York, but in the U.S.
Here are the ten best barbecue places to visit in Buffalo.
Best BBQ in Buffalo City
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is great for bikers and other travelers around the city.
Quick and fresh serving is what most people want, and the establishment does not disappoint.
Purely inspired by southern-style barbecue, the hospitality and the delicious, tantalizing meals make the entire experience worth coming down for.
While staying true to its roots, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que has managed to add its own twist to a local staple.
- 301 Franklin St, Buffalo, NY 1420
- Sunday, 1:30 AM – 9 PM. Tuesday – Wednesday, 11:30 AM – 9 PM. Friday – Saturday, 11:30 AM – 10:00 PM. Monday and Thursday Closed.
- +1 7168801677
Fat Bob’s Smokehouse
Fat Bob’s Smokehouse has its own custom build Texas-style smokers running all year round, making some great BBQ since 1999.
They have homemade-style food with tons of awards to their name.
Everything here is made from scratch, making everything on the menu authentic and super flavorful to the region.
The sauces come in many different varieties, from tangy to sweet, smokey, and more.
- 41 Virginia Pl, Buffalo, NY 14202-1323
- Tuesday – Thursday, 11:30 AM – 12 AM. Friday, 11:30 AM – 2 AM. Saturday, 2 PM – 2 AM. Sunday, 1 PM – 12 AM. Mondays Closed.
- +1 7168872971
Laverdad Cafe Deli
LaVerdad Café Deli has the best kind of ribs and smoky BBQ. Run by Miss Vivian, who has got a heart of gold, you’re definitely going to have an amazing time here.
They are said to have the best-smoked bourbon brisket sandwiches in the city.
They also offer catering services if you’re looking to have an event at the Deli.
It’s a sweet and lovely place to go with your whole family and experience an elevated BBQ in Buffalo.
- 1194 E Lovejoy St, Buffalo, NY 14206-1269
- Wednesday, 11:30 AM – 6 PM. Friday – Saturday, 11:30 AM – 7 PM.
- +1 7167683150
Freddy J’s BBQ
Freddy J’s BBQ is small but big on taste with stunning flavors and quality food.
It has a small drive-through with one of the best barbecue sauces in Buffalo city.
The place is run by one man with amazing cooking skills when it comes to BBQ’nfish and ribs.
Their fish dishes are definitely something different and worth coming down for. We bet you’re going to keep on coming back, it’s that good!
- 195 Grant St, Buffalo, NY 14213-1607
- Sunday, 11 AM – 3 PM. Monday – Wednesday, 9 AM – 3 PM. Thursday – Saturday, 12 AM – 8 PM.
- +1 7164242926
Essex St Pub
Essex St Pub has a great menu construction. Every item on the menu seems to have a purpose.
They have been around for 30 years now with an informal environment and professional service making them a hidden gem in the city.
Essex St Pub has fantastic BBQ, from succulent burger patties to smoked pulled chicken and more.
- 530 Rhode Island St, Buffalo.
- Monday – Sunday, 3 PM – 4 AM
- +1 716 8832150
Anchor Bar in 1964 became one of the best BBQ restaurants notorious for creating the famed buffalo chicken wings.
The draft beer and the live jazz in the background make this a great place to sit and relax with family or friends.
You can even buy their secret recipe wings sauce by the gallon!
- 1047 Main St (at North St) Buffalo, NY 14209 United States
- Sunday – Wednesday, 11 AM – 9 PM. Thursday – Saturday, 11 AM – 10 PM.
- +1 7168831134
Hot Mama’s Canteen
Hot Mama’s Canteen has been operational since 2014, serving classic pub favorites to all-American cuisine with a Hot Mama’s twist, the secret spicy sauce.
It’s so good you’d be licking your fingers clean.
If you are looking for something simple yet delightful, Hot Mama’s Canteen is the place for you.
It is cheap, family-friendly, and offers the freshest BBQ.
- 12 Military Rd (at Amherst St) Buffalo, NY 14207 United States
- Tuesday – Thursday, 4 PM – 11 PM. Friday and Saturday, 4 PM – 12 AM.
- +1 7167838222
Belt-line Brewery & Kitchen
Belt-Line Brewery & Kitchen is a modern twist on the traditional BBQ.
They have a variety of dishes for you to try, from sausages and dogs to burgers, sandwiches, and more.
They even do weekly specials like Tuesday burgers, Wednesdaywings, happy hour, and more.
The service is quick, and the food quality is worth praising.
Head on down here for some great BBQ with special friends over some cocktails or beers. You’ll have a great time.
- 545 Swan Street | Buffalo, New York 14204
- Sunday, 12 AM – 8 PM. Tuesday – Thursday, 3 AM – 11 PM.Friday – Saturday, 12 AM – 12 PM. Monday Closed.
- +1 7164021756
You might also be interested:
I have been smoking and grilling meat from an early age and enjoy sharing my knowledge and expertise through the hundreds of articles I have written about BBQ. I hope to make everyone’s BBQ journey that little bit easier.