Phoenix is a city of high temperatures and hot sun. You will find people accustomed to the heat of the city and wishing for cool summers till the end.
However, another heat that is brought into this city but one that is loved by many is the BBQ.
Best BBQ in Phoenix
Little Miss BBQ
Little Miss BBQ is a place that has been inspired by the eatery Franklin BBQ. It has since its opening been serving meat dishes that make people wait in long lines.
If you are a fan of smokey meat dishes of beef, briskets, chicken, sausages, and turkey along with sides of jalapeno cheddar grits, potato salad, creamy coleslaw, and beans, then do visit here.
- 4301 E. University Dr. Phoenix, AZ 85034
- +1 602 4371177
- 11:00 am- 7:00 pm, Tuesday-Saturday. 11:00 am- 3:00 pm, Sunday. Mondays are closed.
If you want a wholesome meal and not just the BBQ meaty mains, then go out and try Danky’s Bar-B-Q. They have some of the best sides, and their smoked meats are worth the wait.
They also serve some options that do not fall in the BBQ domain if you do not feel like going into the mess like deep-fried chicken drumsticks.
They even have big dank plates and party plates if you’re up for a lot of food.
- 4727 E. Bell Road, Phoenix, AZ 85032
- +1 6029962016
- 11:00 am – 8:00 pm, Monday – Thursday. 11:00 am – 9:00 pm, Friday and Saturday. 11:00 am – 6:00 pm, Sunday.
Frasher’s Smokehouse is a gem that features traditional BBQ made using southern-style techniques.
Their little secret, smoking meat over Arizona pecan wood that has people lined up outside this establishment.
They serve tender beef briskets and juicy brown ribs. They also have great sides like fresh corn and cornbread, honey butter buns, and more.
However, you should try their smoked turkey gumbo with some jalapeno cornbread. It is recommended!
- 3222 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018, United States
- +1 6023145599
- 11:00 am–8:00 pm, Monday – Sunday.
JL Smokehouse has a pretty great theme in its name. The letter ‘JL’ refers to just love, and their meals are just loved, and it is no joke.
If you go out and try their beef briskets, their tender ribs where beef just falls off the bone and the smoked chicken glazed with just the right sauces, you will know the reasons behind the name too.
- 2010 East Broadway Road, Phoenix, AZ 85040
- +1 6026205132
- 11:00 am- 7:30 pm, Monday-Saturday. 11:00 am- 4:00 pm, Sunday.
Trapp Haus BBQ
Trapp Haus BBQ is the place to go if you are looking for a fusion of BBQ slow-cooked meat with the modern urban essence.
Along with the traditional slow-cooked beef ribs over applewood and hickory wood briskets, they also have great alternatives.
These include wings covered in messy sauces, waffles with cheese dips, and briskets covered in fried mac n cheese.
- 511 E. Roosevelt St., Phoenix, AZ 85004
- +1 602 4665462
- 11:00 am- 9:00 pm, Wednesday and Thursday. 11:00 am- 10:00 pm, Friday and Saturday. 11:00 am-8:00 pm, Sunday. Mondays and Tuesdays are closed.
BobbyQ is a place for conventional BBQ lovers. If you are a fan of mesquite and almond wood-smoked meats, do visit here.
You will find it all here from delicate meats like salmon and chicken to hardcore beef and beef ribs. They also have burgers and sandwiches that are a huge hit in town.
- 3154 E Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85016
- +1 6026268856
- 11:00 am-8:00 pm, Monday-Thursday. 11:00 am-9:00 pm, Friday. 12:00 pm-9:00 pm, Saturday. 12:00 pm-8:00 pm, Sunday.
Honey Bear’s BBQ
As the name suggests, the eatery, Honey Bear’s BBQ, is just as cozy and wholesome as welcoming.
They claim that you do not need teeth to eat their meat, which is interesting and makes you curious to go there.
You will find their chicken, beef, and briskets to be proof of their claim.
Their tender meat satisfies hundreds of people’s BBQ cravings. Sandwiches, dinner plates, and combo plates are what people come back for.
- 5012 E Van Buren St, Phoenix, AZ 85008
- +1 6027023060
- 10:00 am- 8:00 pm, Sunday-Thursday. 10:00 am-9:00 pm, Friday and Saturday.
Texas BBQ House
If you wish to entangle your tastebuds in a match of smoked meat that will savor your tastebuds and a tang that will reach your eyes and heart, you should try eating out here.
You can get meat by the pound or even sampler plates with different variety.
- 5037 S 24th St, Phoenix, AZ 85040
- +1 6023436447
- 10:00 am- 2:00 pm, Tuesday-Friday. Saturday – Mondays are closed.
Hek Yeah BBQ
HEK Yeah, BBQ has a sweet brisket that makes all other briskets compete. If you try their brisket, you will find a great combination between salt and pepper spices and just the right fatty layer that provides the necessary cholesterol to keep you humming.
They also have great sides that go alongside the smoked meat, making it a complete meal.
- 15044 N. Cave Creek Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85032
- +1 6026268404
- 4:00 am-8:00 pm, Tuesday – Thursday. 11:00 am -2:00 pm & 4:00 pm -8:00 pm, Friday. 11:00 am- 8:00 pm, Saturday. 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, Sunday. Mondays are closed.
Hap’s Pit Barbecue
Hap’s Pit Barbecue is the place to go if you are looking for affordable dishes but at a great value.
They have the best lamb that is tender and combined with just the right spices to tantalize your tastebuds.
They also serve sandwiches which are a great hit. Try your luck out here if you get the time.
- 4801 E Washington St., Phoenix, AZ 85034
- +1 6022670181
- 10:30 am- 7:00 pm, Monday-Friday. 10:30 am- 4:00 pm, Saturday. Sundays are closed.
Eric’s Family BBQ
For a little Texas-style treat in the Phoenix area, head down to Eric’s Family Barbecue.
This joint has friendly counter service and ample seating, either inside on picnic-style tables or outside to catch some fresh air.
Brisket is the star here; cooked for over 16 hours for perfect flavor and tenderness. Pulled pork is tender and deliciously seasoned, and the turkey might just surprise you – it’s injected with sweet tea for some extra oomph!
- 12345 W Indian School Rd, Avondale, AZ 85392
- Tuesday – Saturday 11 AM – 7 PM; Sunday 11 AM – 5 PM
- + 1 623-248-0148
Another Texas-style spot, NakedQ BBQ serves some seriously delicious BBQ in a laid-back, welcoming space.
Platters here include chopped or sliced brisket, Jalapeno hot links, tender pulled pork, pulled chicken, or sliced turkey.
Sandwiches are a steal of a deal and a great option if you’re looking for something lighter but still craving BBQ.
Creamy slaw, BBQ beans, and Mac n’ Cheese all make the cut, freshly made and ready to pair with your favorite meats.
- 2340 W Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85023
- Monday – Thursday 11 AM – 4 PM; Friday & Saturday 11 AM – 7:30 PM
- + 1 602-439-4227
You might also be interested in:
I have been smoking and grilling meat from an early age and enjoy sharing my knowledge and expertise through the hundreds of articles I have written about BBQ. I hope to make everyone’s BBQ journey that little bit easier.