Craft beer, great food, hospitality, friendly and funky people – Yes, we are talking about Indianapolis, the capital of Indiana. The picturesque beauty of the city attracts many tourists.
Throw in the world-famous 500 motor race, sparkling waterways, historical memorials, and lush farms, and you’ve got a tourist’s paradise!
The city is known for its traditional food. Some people even say that no one does giant tenderloins better than they do!
So if you are a food-lover, mark these spots to get the best BBQ experience you can hope for!
Best BBQ in Indianapolis
For fresh southern-style food, do visit Squealers Barbeque serving an award-winning BBQ that will have you salivating.
The meat is seasoned to perfection and cooked in style. 14 hours in the pit, and your meat comes out tender, moist, juicy, and delicious.
A must-have on the menu is Jan’s Spud. You can choose which meat will go in your baked potato, and it is topped off with melted cheese and BBQ sauce. Already drooling, right?
- 5515 W 86th St, Indianapolis, IN 46268, United States
- +1 317 8717427
- Mondays, 11:00AM – 2:00PM. Tuesdays – Thursdays, 11 AM – 9 PM. Fridays and Saturdays, 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM. Sundays, 11:00 AM– 8:00 PM.
Bar-B-Q Heaven might just not fit your definition of a proper restaurant. Why should it? It does not have any seating arrangements but is a must-visit nonetheless.
The service is quick and efficient, and not having seating space does not seem much of a problem as the wait is short.
Hands down! They have the best turkey meat in town. It has a delicious smoked flavor and is tender and lean.
The sauces are excellent, and people always order a couple of extra bottles to use back home.
- 2515 Doctor M.L.K. Jr St, Indianapolis, IN 46208, United States
- +1 3179261667
- Monday – Wednesday, 11:30 AM – 01:00 AM. Thursday, 11:00 AM – 02:00 AM. Friday – Saturday, 11:00 AM –03:00 AM. Sunday, 1:00 PM –10:00 PM.
Hank’s Smoked Briskets
Close your eyes and feel the meat melting in your mouth. This is what you are going to experience at Hank’s Smoked Briskets.
The best thing about it is that they allow you to sample the meat and choose which one you want. How cool is that?
The meat has a smoked flavor to it, which makes it just perfect. The helpings are good, and the prices are reasonable.
- 3736 Martin Luther King Dr, Indianapolis, IN46208, United States
- +1 3179251689
- Sunday, 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. Monday – Saturday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Que
Meaty, large, juicy, sizzling—did you feel a tingle in your taste buds? If you love your meat like this, don’t miss out on visiting Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Que.
Everything from the appetizers down to the bread pudding comes fresh, hot, and amazing. For people who want a taste of everything, there are a variety of combos to choose from.
So, the next time you are in town, stop by for a finger-lickin’ experience!
- 3645 Vincennes Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46268, United States
- +1 3178240200
- Sunday-Thursday, 11:00 AM -8:00 PM. Friday-Saturday, 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM.
King Ribs Bar-B-Q
If you are looking for a versatile menu, do visit Kings Ribs Bar-B-Q. It should be on your list of places to visit. They have amazing portions.
Their largest meal is enough to serve three people easily with rib tips and has two sides.
Even the well-done meat is tender, moist, meaty, and delicious. All the sauces are amazing. For a balanced flavor, choose the mixed sauce.
To gulp down your food and maintain that aftertaste, go for the pink lemonade.
- 3145 W 16th St, Indianapolis, IN 46222, United States
- +1 3174880223
- Monday – Thursday, 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM. Friday – Saturday, 11:00 AM –12:00 Am. Sunday, 12:00 PM – 10:00 PM.
City Barbeque and Catering
With more than 20 years of experience in the field, City Barbeque and Catering has been serving the people of Indianapolis with delicious food.
They slow-smoke their BBQ, and that is what gives it its aroma, as well as infuses the taste within. Made in cast iron, the food is always delicious and top-notch.
They also offer excellent catering services.
- 621 W 11th St, Indianapolis, IN 46202, United States
- +1 317 3336234
- Monday – Saturday, 11:00 AM- 9:30 PM. Sunday, 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
Half Liter BBQ & Beer Hall
To have it all the Texas way, do visit Half Liter BBQ & Beer Hall. You will enjoy good food and an amazing ambiance.
A detailed whiskey list, homemade beers, and a cool bar program are the cherry on top.
They can host 250 people in their beer garden, with fire pits, music, and a live BBQ.
- 5301 Winthrop Ave Suite B, Indianapolis, IN 46220, United States
- +1 4632128180
- Monday – Thursday, 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM. Friday – Saturday, 10:00 AM – 11:00 PM. Sun, 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
You might also be interested in:
I have been smoking and grilling meat from an early age and enjoy sharing my knowledge and expertise through the hundreds of articles I have written about BBQ. I hope to make everyone’s BBQ journey that little bit easier.