14 May The 10 Best BBQ in St Louis, Missouri
The people of St Louis love food. After all, it is the birthplace of gooey butter cake, cracker crust pizza, frozen custard, and so much more. But did you know that the people of St Louis especially love barbecue? Continue reading to find the best BBQ deliciousness in the city.
Best BBQ in St Louis
Sharpshooter’s Pit & Grill
Who does not love smoky charred meat with an innovative twist? At Sharpshooter’s Pit & Grill, succulent ribs and tasty briskets are served in an indoor shooting range. The best part? Members get a 15% discount.
So head on to this spot to improve your shooting skills, and let’s not forget to have a delicious hearty meal.
- 8135 Gravois Rd, St. Louis, MO 63123, United States
- +1 3143534745
- 11:00 am – 7:00 pm, Wednesday – Saturday. 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm, Sunday. Monday and Tuesdays are closed.
J Smug’s GastroPit
Inclusivity is the top priority for J Smug’s GastroPit. From carnivores to vegetarians and even vegans, everyone can enjoy the delicacies here.
From plant-based burgers to smoky beef briskets slathered with cheese, this place has it all! Their main highlight, however, is the ingenious starters like cheesy smoked meatballs and charred mushrooms.
- 4916 Shaw Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, United States
- +1 3144997488
- 4:00 pm – 10:00 pm, Sunday – Thursday. 11:00 am – 11:00 pm, Friday – Saturday. Mondays are closed.
Known as the best ribs in America, Pappy’s Smokehouse is not here to play as they are the true definition of St Louis- style sweet, spicy, and saucy ribs. Pappy’s is truly one of a kind. The best part, you can get them anywhere!
Their food truck flooded with juicy meat brings joy to all parties anywhere and everywhere. Yes, their services are amazing, but so is their food. Never reheated, smoked with cherry wood for a whole day, and that is not all, they even have special sauces! It just does not get better than this.
- 3106 Olive St, St. Louis, MO 63103, United States
- +1 3145354340
- 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, Wednesday and Sunday. 11:00 am – 6:00 pm, Thursday – Saturday. Monday and Tuesdays are closed.
BEAST Butcher & Block
Barbecue merged with live interaction at the Chef’s table is the delight BEAST Butcher & Block offers. Known as “The Skullery’, it is the only spot that offers a live kitchen while the Chef dons his culinary prowess.
BEAST, however, has other specialties as well, like fire-smoked rotisserie chicken and group meat carvings. BEAST is all about the meat experience. From eating, carving, smoking to even learning about meat, one can call it the meat heaven of St Louis.
- 4156 Manchester Ave, St. Louis, MO 63110, United States
- +1 314 9446003
- 11:00 am – 8:00 pm, Tuesday – Sunday. Mondays are closed.
Live music and the best bourbon bar combined with a juicy barbecue are what BBQ Saloon is all about. They serve beef, pork, and salmon but what you did not know is that they serve barbecued alligators as well. How cool is that!
If it were up to us, we would not miss out on such a unique experience. It’s the perfect BBQ spot for families as they have platters to offer as well.
- 4900 Laclede Ave, St. Louis, MO 63108, United States
- +1 314 8336666
- 3:00 pm – 1:00 am Sunday and Wednesday. 12:00 pm – 1:00 am Thursday – Saturday. Mondays are closed.
Smoking Barrels BBQ
When you think of BBQ, what comes to mind? Beefy brisket, juicy ribs, scrumptious sides? Well, Smoking Barrels is the epitome of the most traditional barbecue out there. With a cozy and humble interior topped with delicious barbecue. Plain and simple, they are one of the best barbecue spots in St Louis.
Nachos, pulled pork, wings, tenders, and potato skins are some of their best sides on the menu. Don’t forget to ask for extras as you’re going to order some later anyways.
- 5641 S Kingshighway Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63109, United States
- +1 3146699455
- 11:00 am – 9:00 pm, Monday – Sunday.
Charred chicken topped with cheese, Mac, and cheese loaded with brisket, nachos flooded with Queso, and sour cream and garnished with the meat of your choice. Is your mouth watering just by reading about the deliciousness at The Midwestern?
Well, imagine eating it! It is a true treat for the taste buds. Everything here is made with absolute love and care, so this should be on the top of your list for barbecue spots to try out.
- 900 Spruce St, St. Louis, MO 63102, United States
- +1 3146962573
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm, Thursday. 11:00 am – 12:00 am, Saturday. 5:00 pm – 12:00 am, Friday. Sundays – Wednesdays are closed.
Their Cuban Reuben sandwich is the best not only in the state, not only in the country but the whole wide world! Sugarfire Smokehouse is the home of out-of-this-world food, and they have proved it multiple times with the numerous awards they have.
Head on to Sugarfire to taste the heavenly award-winning Cuban Reuben sandwich.
- 9200 Olive Blvd #114, St. Louis, MO 63132, United States
- +1 3149972301
- 11:00 am – 8:00 pm, Sunday – Thursday. 11:00 am – 8:30 pm, Friday – Saturday.
Salt + Smoke
The three Bs of Salt +Smoke are what they believe makes them the best. You might be wondering what these 3 Bs are? Well, they are barbecue, beer, and bourbon. The perfect combination of food and drink that floods the mouth with a tsunami of delicious flavors.
The main highlight is that they even have gluten-free options, and their wonderful cherry smoked salmon is one of a kind in St Louis.
- 6525 Delmar Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63130, United States
- +1 314 7270200
- 11:00 am – 9:00 pm, Monday – Thursday. 11:00 am – 10:00 pm, Friday – Saturday. 11:30 am – 8:00 pm, Sunday.
If you want great customer service and even greater barbecue, then head on to Adam’s Smokehouse. Popular in St. Louis for their delicious ribs, Adam’s might look simple, but they can whip up a mean barbecue.
They are as traditional as it gets. Head on there if you like a good old serving of charred, smoky, meaty barbecue. You’ll spot the establishment from a mile away as they smoke their meats in the open.
- 2819 Watson Rd, St. Louis, MO 63139, United States
- +1 314 8759890
- 10:30 am – 4:00 pm, Wednesday – Saturday. Sunday – Tuesdays are closed.