02 Apr The 10 Best BBQ in Kansas City, Missouri
Kansas City, famous for its delicious barbecue, has only the best to offer. Here, a hearty serving of juicy and tender steak will surely tantalize your taste buds. From succulent sausages to saucy steaks, these are the best barbecue spots to satisfy your meaty cravings.
Best BBQ in Kansas City
Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que
If you are looking for the best of the best, then Joe’s Kansas City is the place to be. Joe’s is famous for its tender and flavorful pulled pork sandwiches. Plus, they have a variety of smoky barbecued meats such as ham, chicken, beef, and even turkey for fitness fanatics.
That’s not all Joe’s does, as they also cater to party planning, catering and they even have merch! It is truly the only stop for the best barbeque.
- 3002 W 47th Ave, Kansas City, KS 66103, United States
- +1 913 7223366
- 9:00am – 11:00pm, Monday – Saturday. Sundays are closed.
Jack Stack Barbecue
Great food with a matching environment is what Jack Stack Barbecue is all about. The atmosphere of this place is like stepping into a cowboy dream world.
They have a beautiful bar with a large number of drinks and a bite-sized barbecue. Their main specialty, however, is for food lovers like you and me, barbecued seafood. From smoked shrimp to grilled salmon slabs, this place is food heaven for barbecue lovers.
- 9520 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS 66212, United States
- +1 9133857427
- 9:00am – 11:00pm, Monday- Saturday. Sundays are closed.
Want to make a reservation for a special date night? Or get dinner with a bunch of your friends? Q39 Midtown is your go-to place. It is surrounded by a lot of bars and places with live music and comedy shows. But the main highlight of this place is the rich-tasting house-made chipotle sausages and their freshly smoked briskets.
That’s not all, their sides are also made with special care. They have mac and cheese too, but it’s made with extra care and served with herbed bread, which is way better than the boxed version. Head here if you want a succulent slab of meat with some delicious mac and cheese on the side. Now that’s what life is all about, don’t you think?
- 1000 W 39th St, Kansas City, MO 64111, United States
- +1 816 2553753
- 11:00 am – 9:00 pm, Sunday – Monday. 11:00am – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday.
Rosedale Bar-B-Que has been in business for almost 70 years, so it is obvious that their barbeque has got something special up its sleeve. With lightning-fast service and scrumptious slow-smoked meats, Rosedale barbeque takes the cake, or should I say steak, when it comes to serving the best.
Plain and simple, if you like, Rosedale is the place to be. Relaxing interior, mouth-watering barbeque, and a fun time with your friends. It doesn’t get any better than this.
- 600 Southwest Blvd, Kansas City, KS 66103, United States
- +1 913 2620343
- 11:00 am – 8:00 pm, Tuesday- Sunday. Mondays are closed.
Arthur Bryant’s Barbeque
Arthur Bryant’s Barbeque is famous for its huge portion sizes and a special sauce that even presidents couldn’t resist. Arthur Bryant’s barbeque is a grilled meat pioneer.
It is a small place packed with tons of flavor. Their tender and luscious ribs are guaranteed to leave you craving for more.
- 1727 Brooklyn Ave, Kansas City, MO 64127, United States
- +1 816 2311123
- 10:30 am – 7:30 pm, Monday- Thursday. 10:30 am – 8:00 pm, Friday and Saturday. 11:00am– 7:00pm, Sunday.
B.B’s Lawnside Barbeque
B.B Lawnside captures the true essence of barbeque, the feeling of community. Here, everyone can sit together, chat, listen to live music, meet new people, and, best of all, have the juiciest and most succulent meat Kansas City has to offer. Have your fill with great smoked meats and a lively environment.
- 1205 E 85th St, Kansas City, MO 64131, United States
- +1 816 8227427
- 11:00 am – 9:00 pm, Sunday – Tuesday. 11:00am – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday. Mondays are closed.
Just as the name suggests, Slap’s barbecue is not your average fancy place. The most traditional country-style restaurant serves the most tender and juiciest ribs that slide right off the bone.
This melt-in-your-mouth experience is truly one of a kind. The main highlight of this place? Well, it’s open seven days a week!
- 553 Central Ave, Kansas City, KS 66101, United States
- +1 9132133736
- 11:00am – 7:00pm,Monday- Sunday.
Hawg Jaw Que & Brew
Apart from their delectable barbecue, Hawg Jaw Que’s main specialty is their microbrew beer and their 21-day aged beef.
They not only stand out from the various barbecue restaurants, but they also promise complete craving satisfaction. It is a small establishment but is packed with a lot of flavors that will have you coming back for more.
- 900 Swift St, North Kansas City, MO 64116, United States
- +1 816 7414294
- 11:00am – 9:00pm, Monday- Saturday. Sundays are closed.
You might be thinking that this is just another Barbecue spot that serves the same old ribs and steak. Wrong, Gate’s Bar BQ’s vintage interior and special seasonings are very much special.
The best part, they sell their secret seasonings and sauces. So, you can have their signature taste anywhere and everywhere in the whole wide world, isn’t that just amazing?
- 1325 Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd., Kansas City, MO 64110, United States
- +1 816 5317522
- 11:00am – 11:00pm, Monday- Sunday.
Danny Edwards BLVD BBQ
Last but not least, Danny Edwards BLVD BBQ has weekday specials that are one of the best in the city. Don’t be fooled by their establishment because they can whip up a mean steak.
Danny Edwards has the most traditional theme to not only their location but also their food. They truly believe that traditional-style saucy ribs and succulent steaks never go out of style. It is America’s favorite, and it is here to stay.
- 2900 Southwest Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64108, United States
- +1 8162830880
- 10:30 am – 3:00pm, Monday- Saturday.