Located in California, Bakersfield is a city on the Kern River, famous for its natural history museums, art, culture, and sports.
Although Bakersfield is transforming into a modern city rapidly, the city still offers glimpses of the region’s past, making it a fascinating place to visit.
Bakersfield is also known for American comfort food, and the BBQ culture here is just phenomenal.
If you’re looking to munch on some of the best BBQs, here are our top 10 restaurants that you should consider visiting if you’re around.
Best BBQ in Bakersfield
Ono Hawaiian BBQ
Ono Hawaiian BBQ is popular for its lunch plates that serve an option of meat with the Hawaiian staple, macaroni and rice salad.
They have an Aloha-style menu, which is enough to win your heart.
Experience Hawaii’s comfort food with a serving of Hawaiian BBQ chicken with some veggies, sticky rice, and BBQ sauce with a glass of chilled beer.
Hearty meals don’t get any better than this!
- 2630 Mount Vernon Ave #300, Bakersfield, CA 93306, United States
- +1 6618713788
- Sunday – Thursday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Friday and Saturday, 11:00 AM – 9:30 PM.
Dickey’s Barbecue Pit
If you’re looking for Texas-style BBQ, look no further as Dickey’s Barbecue Pit is best.
Over the years, Dickey’s has become a household name and a BBQ chain spreading across the United States.
Slow-cooked and mouth-watering house-smoked meats have helped Dickey’s to spread throughout the country.
Pork, ribs, wings, and anything you wish to dive into is served at Dickey’s, and that too at great prices!
- 3505 Coffee Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93308, United States
- +1 6612188003
- Sunday – Wednesday, 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Thursday – Saturday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
Famous Dave’s BBQ
Famous Dave’s BBQ are experts at serving juicy, tender wood-smoked meats in an American West theme space.
Whether you want to enjoy a big game or have a nice family BBQ dinner, Famous Dave’s BBQ is your best choice for having a great time.
Head over to Famous Dave’s BBQ today for famous BBQ, legendary burgers, signature sandwiches, and more!
- 7777 Rosedale Hwy, Bakersfield, CA 93308, United States
- +1 6618292128
- Monday – Wednesday, 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Thursday – Saturday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
Champs Smokehouse BBQ & Catering
Champs Smokehouse BBQ & Catering is a fire and wood slow-cooking BBQ restaurant specializing in smoked BBQ.
High-quality meats, outstanding customer service, and an inviting casual atmosphere make this place an establishment not to be missed.
Smoked tri-tip, sandwiches, burgers, salads, and appetizers, there is something for everyone at the Champs Smokehouse BBQ & catering.
- 35315 Merle Haggard Dr Suite 110, Bakersfield, CA 93308, United States
- +1 6613918334
- Monday – Saturday, 10:30 AM – 7:30 PM.
Porkchop and Bubba’s BBQ
A humble, down-to-earth BBQ establishment, Porkchop and Bubba’s BBQ serves delicious smokey traditional southern style BBQ, but it’s not just limited to that.
The award-winning BBQ company offers tri-tip, pit beef, pulled pork, and many other BBQ goodnesses.
With three different rubs to choose from, such as happy cow rub, butt and rib rub, tri-tip rub, and three different sauces, including original BBQ sauce, spicy BBQ sauce, and mustard sauce, the flavor combinations here are endless and definitely tasty!
- 1230 H St suite a, Bakersfield, CA 93301, United States
- +1 6615204227
- Open – Monday to Thursday, 10:30 AM – 6:00 PM, Friday – Saturday, 10:30 AM – 8:00 PM. Sunday, 10:30 AM – 3:00 PM.
Salty BBQ and Catering
A family-owned BBQ and catering restaurant, Salty BBQ and Catering offers hot sandwiches, traditional salads, and dinner plates for its hungry visitors.
Their in-house smokers utilize Oakwood to give a nice smokey flavor to their meats.
If you’re not sure what to get, don’t think twice and get a combo plate that includes a choice of meat, one regular side, and a Pyrenees roll.
- 9425 Rosedale Hwy, Bakersfield, CA 93312, United States
- +1 6615878437
- Monday – Sunday, 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
Applebee’s Grill and Bar
Applebee’sGrilland Bar is a full-service chain bar and grill with a really pleasant dining experience indoors and outdoors on the patio.
Whether you’re looking for affordable lunch specials or delicious dinner with company, Applebee’s Grill and Bar is the perfect place to be.
It is a great place to visit with family and friends where you can have a relaxing weekend with plenty of food to kill your hunger.
If you’re looking for something quick to grab, they even offer a car side-to-go pickup service!
- 9000 Ming Ave Suite M, Bakersfield, CA 93311, United States
- +1 6616640974
- Sunday – Thursday, 11:00 AM – 12:00 AM. Friday – Saturday, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM.
Hungry Hunter Steakhouse
Hungry Hunter Steakhouse is known for some amazingly succulent yet charred steaks and perfectly smoked prime rib sandwiches.
This place is great to visit with family as they serve large portions at a very reasonable price.
The ribs here are fall off the bone tender and mopped with their special award-winning BBQ sauce, which will leave you wanting more.
A must-try place to visit when you are in Bakersfield craving BBQ!
- 3580 Rosedale Hwy, Bakersfield, CA 93308, United States.
- +1 6613280580
- Monday – Friday, 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM. Saturday, 12:00 PM – 10:00 PM. Sunday, 12:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
FirestoneGrill is a meat-centric American grill that is popular for its Tri-tip Sandwich.
There is nothing better than Firestone Grill’s trip sandwich, with the meat served in a crispy, buttery roll topped up with their homemade special BBQ sauce.
The special sauce makes everything 10x times better.
Firestone Grill is a great popular place in Bakersfield to visit with your friends and family. It offers good portions at fair prices.
- 3501 California Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93309, United States
- +1 6617792059
- Sunday – Thursday, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM. Friday – Saturday, 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM.
Kalbi King Korean BBQ
Bakersfield may be known for American comfort cuisine, but this fine establishment, Kalbi King Korean BBQ, is set out to change all that with their Korean BBQ.
Korean BBQ offers a unique BBQ experience where you can BBQ or grill your meats and veggies as you chat with your friends and family.
They even have Korean Sujo, the bestselling spirit brand in the world!
- 7800 McNair Ln, Bakersfield, CA 93313, United States
- +1 6615648380
- Sunday to Thursday 11:30 AM – 9:30 PM, Friday and Saturday 11:30 AM – 10:00 PM.
You might also be interested in:
- Best BBQ in Los Angeles
- Best BBQ in San Diego
- Best BBQ in Sacramento
- Best BBQ in Orange County
- Best BBQ in Oakland
- Best BBQ in San Francisco
- Best BBQ in Fresno
- Best BBQ in San Jose
- Best BBQ in Long Beach
- Best BBQ in Santa Maria
I have been smoking and grilling meat from an early age and enjoy sharing my knowledge and expertise through the hundreds of articles I have written about BBQ. I hope to make everyone’s BBQ journey that little bit easier.