03 Sep The 10 Best BBQ in San Diego
San Diego is a city of beaches and humid climate. You will be visiting the zoo here and the museums, and you will still be left with a lot of options to enjoy here.
One of these options is the exotic BBQ that is served here. If you find yourself free for either lunch or dinner, do not waste the perfect weather by not enjoying the smokey flavored meat glazed over the grill.
Best BBQ in San Diego
Phil’s BBQ has been in the running for the past two decades and is still considered a top priority amongst many customers. You will be waiting in line to get a bite to eat here.
They have the same taste that they introduced decades ago. You will find their buns to be buttery soft, their meat to have the mesquite smoke flavor, and their salads to be just the right crunchy companion.
- 3750 Sports Arena Blvd, Hancock St., San Diego, CA 92110
- +1 619 2266333
- 11:00 am- 10:00 pm, Tuesday-Thursday, and Sunday. 11:00 am-11:00 pm, Friday and Saturday. Mondays are closed.
That Boy Good
If you are a fan of the raw taste, you have to try That Boy Good. They make every dish from fresh ingredients that are available in their most raw form.
You will be delighted at the essence of southern-style taste that will be wafting through the air when you order the dishes. They have a tangy sauce to put their meals to perfection that has the essence of Coca-Cola, an unusual but popular sight.
- 207 N Coast Hwy, Oceanside, CA 92054
- +1 7604334227
- 4:00 pm-8:30 pm, Monday. 11:00 am-8:30, Tuesday-Thursday and Sunday. 11:00 am-9:00pm, Friday and Saturday.
Bull’s Smokin’ BBQ
Bull’s Smokin’ BBQ has a beautiful set-up out in the patio that has made the environment cozy and comfortable.
You can enjoy your evening out with your friends and family, a nice wholesome meal, and even your pets because the restaurant allows pets into the patio! Don’t forget to check out their smoked beef ribs with some creamy mac and cheese.
- 1127 West Morena Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92110
- +1 619 2762855
- 11:00 am -9:00 pm, Monday-Thursday, and Sunday. 11:00 am-10:00 pm, Friday and Saturday.
Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill
As the name suggests, Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill is on the list because of its slow-cooked, Texas-style BBQ made over wood.
Their exceptional taste will leave you wanting more once you get a waft of the smoke coming from your meal. Carolina pulled pork, baby back ribs, and wood ranch tri-tip are some of the items you should try. Complete your meal with Mom’s Deep Peach Dish Cobbler because you won’t find this at any other establishment.
- 7510 Hazard Center Dr. Unit 215, San Diego (Mission Valley), CA 92108
- +1 619 7644411
- 11:30 am-9:00 pm, Sunday-Thursday. 11:30 am- 9:30 pm, Friday and Saturday.
Taegukgi Korean BBQ House
Taegukgi Korean BBQ House is one of the newest additions in the city. They were the first people who introduced the Korean BBQ in town.
If you are looking to enjoy some modern-styled BBQ with a touch of the conventional taste, do eat out here. They have the best meat fusions. They also have plain briskets that are part of the old favorites if you don’t feel like cheating on the Texan culture.
- 7655 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard 501, San Diego, CA 92111
- +1 858 2771554
- 11:00 am-12:00 am, Sunday-Thursday. 11:00 am-1:30 am, Friday and Saturday.
CUCINA Urbana has it all if you are wondering about an expandable menu. The locals fan out here just to get a taste of the authentic yet casual setting that has become a favorite in town.
They serve meatball Mondays as a specialty while their happy hours last the whole week. They do not just offer traditional BBQ dishes. Their menu also has the exotic chicken liver, creamy hummus with a side of bread, and a pizza that will melt in your mouth.
- 505 Laurel Street, San Diego, CA 92101
- +1 6192392222
- 4:00 pm-8:00 pm, Tuesday-Thursday. 4:00 pm-9:00 pm, Friday and Saturday. Mondays and Sundays are closed.
Coop’s West Texas BBQ
Coop’s West Texas BBQ is the go-to place for all the people looking for Texas-styled BBQ. Although they do not have much of a set-up to accommodate large gatherings, they’re quite popular. People line up just to get takeout. BBQ sauce is not even the key ingredient as the meat is the only adequate showstopper.
- 534 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91910
- +1 619 5890478
- 10:00 am -3:00 pm, Tuesday-Sunday. Mondays are closed.
If you are looking for some entertainment and aesthetics while you eat, visit Bowlegged BBQ. Designed as a music-themed restaurant, they have their menu up on the chalkboard. The modern style paired with great briskets, delicate glazed chicken, and tender ribs will satisfy your cravings. Be sure to be there early as when the food is gone, they’re gone.
- 4255 Market St, San Diego, CA 92102
- +1 6193017105
- 11:00 am-Sold out, Wednesday-Sunday. Mondays and Tuesdays are closed.
Cali Comfort BBQ
Cali Comfort BBQ is the culinary expert that you should visit if you are looking for Kansas-styled BBQ in the outskirts of California.
With a common serving of little to no sauce, they specialize in serving meats that have been marinated with dry rubs and cooked over slow flame. You can enjoy their combo platter if you wish to get a taste of every dish.
- 8910 Troy St, Spring Valley, CA 91977
- +1 6193370670
- 11:00 am-10:00 pm, Monday-Thursday. 11:00 am-11:00 pm, Friday. 7:00 am-11:00 pm, Saturday. 7:00 am-10:00 pm, Sunday.
Bud’s Louisiana Café
If you feel like you have eaten too much meat for a lifetime, go visit Bud’s Louisiana Café. They serve seafood on a platter that has been cooked over the flame, bringing out the smokey flavor. The fishes, lobsters, and prawns are some of the specialties that can be ordered from here.
You would become a fan of seafood if you weren’t before. Placed with indoor seating, you will have a delight with the beautiful aroma hitting your nose and the taste melting in your mouth.
- 4320 Viewridge Ave, San Diego, CA 92123
- +1 858 5732837
- 8:00 am-2:30 pm, Monday-Saturday. Sundays are closed.